• The platform enables retailers to maximize monetization as they extend reach
Publicis Groupe has announced the launch of CitrusAd, powered by Epsilon.
The industry-first self-serve retail media platform that unites CitrusAd’s on-site and Epsilon’s off-site capabilities in a single user interface.
CitrusAd, powered by Epsilon, enables retailers to maximize monetization as they extend reach for brand partners beyond the retailer’s owned channels. The platform also empowers brands to scale their marketing through high-impact ad formats to increase sales on-site and in-store, with a direct link back to a brand’s marketing investment.
The launch realises Publicis Groupe’s promise to unite on-site and off-site capabilities with transparent measurement validated by transactions, leading the new generation of identity-led retail media platforms.
According to eMarketer, ad spending in retail media is forecasted to reach c.$60 billion by 2024, confirming its position as one of the most innovative media opportunities.
CitrusAd, powered by Epsilon provides retailers and brands with:
• A unified, self-serve platform that combines industry-leading offerings for on-site, off-site and in-store activation, across multiple formats and channels such as sponsored product, display, video, CTV, digital screens and email. CitrusAd and Epsilon were named a Leader and Strong Performer, respectively, in “The Forrester Wave™: Sell-Side Retail Media Solutions, Q3 2021” by Forrester Research, Inc.
• Industry-leading identity that is underpinned by more than 300 million global privacy-protected CORE IDs, bringing an unprecedented level of scale that does not rely on third-party cookies.
• Transparent measurement to tie digital campaigns to on-site and in-store sales, evaluating campaign performance in real time and at the SKU level.
• Clean room technology that gives retailers and brands the ability to securely collaborate on permissioned data in a privacy-safe environment to optimize brand sales in a cookieless world.
The launch of CitrusAd, powered by Epsilon comes one month after Publicis Groupe announced the acquisition of Profitero, a leading SaaS global ecommerce intelligence platform.
Arthur Sadoun, chairman of the management board of Publicis Groupe, said: “With the launch of CitrusAd, powered by Epsilon, Publicis Groupe is leading the new generation of identity-led retail media. We are pushing the boundaries of retail media platforms, empowering brands to connect with real people across the full customer journey and make investment decisions that are informed by real-time measurement and validated by transactions.
“The strength of our technology allows us to bring the brand/retailer partnership to a new era, one where both parties can work together to strengthen the backbone of customers understanding and enhance their readiness for a cookieless world. The launch of our unified platform is a critical milestone in helping brands take back control of their customer relationships,” he added.
Brad Moran, co-founder and CEO of CitrusAd, said: “By uniting the power of CitrusAd with the scale and identity capabilities of Epsilon, no one else can provide retailers with more monetization opportunities across on-site, off-site and in-store. And no one else can provide brands with a simple and trusted platform to capitalize on retailers’ assets for media investment.
“Our DNA has always been to help retailers maximize their revenue potential from retail media and strengthen the relationship with their suppliers. With CitrusAd powered by Epsilon, we are delivering the promise of the retail media revolution,” he added.